OAGM Workshop 2021
Computer Vision and Pattern Analysis Across Domains
24.-25. November 2021, St. Pölten, Austria
Call for Papers
The Austrian Association for Pattern Recognition (OAGM) invites authors and guests to participate at its 44th annual workshop, held in St.Pölten, Austria, on November 24-25, 2021. The workshop provides a platform for presentation and discussion of research progress as well as current projects within the OAGM community. This year, we additionally focus on interdisciplinary research of computer vision and pattern analysis across application domains and research disciplines, with the aim to bring together Austrian and nearby located groups, researchers and students working on interdisciplinary topics for discussion and establishing potential collaborations.
General topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Pattern analysis (visual & non-visual data)
- Object/scene detection, recognition & categorization
- 3D vision, stereo & structure from X
- Image, video, and multimodal indexing & retrieval
- Cognitive vision
- Safety & security, biometrics
- Statistical methods & learning
- Embedded computer vision
- Resource efficient computer vision
- Image denoising, restoration & enhancement
- Mobile vision
- Motion & tracking
- Regularization models for image analysis
- Video analysis & event recognition
- Face & gesture analysis
- Vision datasets, benchmarking, and performance evaluation
- Interactive learning and user interaction for vision-based systems
- Explainability, bias and fairness in computer vision & pattern analysis
- Visual content synthesis
- Affective/emotional visual analysis & interfaces
Beyond these topics, we explicitly invite papers focusing on interdisciplinary approaches and applications of computer vision and pattern analysis in, e.g., Cultural Heritage / GLAM, Healthcare/Medicine, Biology, Chemistry, Economy, Mobility, Industry, Social Sciences, and the Humanities.
We solicit full papers (4-6 pages) of original, unpublished work, application spotlight papers (1-2 pages) focusing on the solution of practical problems in industry and other domains, and student papers (2 pages, presented as a poster). All submitted papers will undergo a double-blind peer review process by the program committee. Accepted papers will be published online with “Verlag der TU Graz” in a fully open access electronic volume (with ISBN, and DOIs for individual papers), compare https://aapr.at/?page_id=398 for links to last year’s proceedings.
An OCG sponsored Best Paper Award will be awarded to the best work selected among the accepted full papers and student posters.
St. Pölten, Austria (St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences, https://research.fhstp.ac.at/en). Situated 60 km to the west of Vienna in Austria’s oldest baroque town, St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences was founded in 1996 and is an expanding institution of higher education.
Markus Seidl and Matthias Zeppelzauer, FH St. Pölten UAS
Peter M. Roth, Technical University of Munich
To be announced
To be announced
Full paper submission deadline: September 10, 2021
Notification of acceptance: October 22, 2021
Final paper due: October 29, 2021
Workshop St. Pölten: November 24/25, 2021